Cupping therapy is ‘making its mark’ across the world, with personalities like Olympic swimming star Michael Phelps, among other, adopting the alternative therapy. This ancient therapeutic method has been popular in China since around 1000 B.C. It has recently started gaining ground in the news as a preferred treatment method among celebrities.
Studies have shown that cupping therapy, also known as Hijama in Arabic, can help boost immune function, reduce joint and muscle pain, and speed up healing time without the use of any medications or even herbs.
Though cupping has been practiced discreetly in several countries, the masses are just waking up to its benefits. Not only does Phelps swear by it, celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Victoria Beckham, David Arquette, Madonna and many more have adopted the therapy as part of their regular treatment.
Cupping therapy is now available for patrons of PhysioActive with a host of health benefits that outweigh modern medicine techniques. Our in –house certified therapist uses cupping to help patients suffering from many varied ailments.
1. Respiratory infections
2. Blood disorders, such as anemia and hemophilia
3. Joint pain caused by arthritis and fibromyalgia
4. Migraine and tension headaches
5. Muscle aches and stiffness
6. Fertility and gynecological disorders
7. Skin problems such as herpes, eczema and acne
8. High blood pressure (hypertension)
9. Mental disorders, anxiety and depression
10. Food allergies and asthma
11. Varicose veins and cellulite
Benefits of Cupping Therapy
We use cupping techniques to treat a range of disorders and symptoms, sometimes on their own, or other times in conjunction with other alternative practices, such as physiotherapy and acupressure.
1. Helps reduce pain
2. Promotes relaxation
3. Boosts skin health
4. Helps reduce respiratory issues and colds
5. Improves Digestion